NFC South rivals meet in Week 2 when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-0) take on the Atlanta Falcons (0-1). The Buccaneers, listed at on the spread, welcome the Falcons, with moneyline odds to win, on September 19, 2021 at 4:05 PM ET on FOX. A point total of points has been set for the contest by sportsbooks.
In this article we break down everything you need to know before making a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, injury statuses, weather conditions, and updated odds.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 14, 2021, 8:18 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Buccaneers Vs. Falcons Betting Odds
Buccaneers Vs. Falcons Player Props
Buccaneers Vs. Falcons Weather
A weather forecast for Tampa on September 19 is not yet available (as of 8:18 PM on September 14).
Buccaneers Vs. Falcons Injury Report
Tampa Bay Injuries
Buccaneers Offense Vs. Falcons Defense (2020)
|Buccaneers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Falcons Defense|
|30.8 (3)||Points/Gm||25.9 (19)|
|0.48 (2)||Points/Play||0.40 (20)|
|384.1 (7)||Yards/Gm||398.5 (29)|
|298.5 (4)||Pass Yards/Gm||307.4 (32)|
|94.9 (28)||Rush Yards/Gm||104.9 (6)|
|6.0 (7)||Yards/Play||6.2 (29)|
|7.6 (8)||Yards/Pass||7.9 (27)|
|4.1 (24)||Yards/Rush||4.4 (14)|
|43.5% (11)||3rd Down %||41.0% (17)|
|68.9% (7)||Red Zone %||64.3% (25)|
|17 (7)||Turnovers||21 (18)|
|22 (4)||Sacks||29 (23)|
Falcons Offense Vs. Buccaneers Defense (2020)
|Falcons Offense||Stats (Rank)||Buccaneers Defense|
|24.8 (16)||Points/Gm||22.2 (8)|
|0.37 (18)||Points/Play||0.35 (9)|
|368.4 (18)||Yards/Gm||327.1 (6)|
|288.8 (5)||Pass Yards/Gm||269.4 (23)|
|95.8 (27)||Rush Yards/Gm||80.6 (1)|
|5.5 (18)||Yards/Play||5.1 (6)|
|7.4 (15)||Yards/Pass||7.0 (11)|
|3.7 (31)||Yards/Rush||3.6 (1)|
|43.9% (10)||3rd Down %||40.0% (14)|
|53.4% (26)||Red Zone %||62.7% (20)|
|18 (9)||Turnovers||25 (5)|
|41 (22)||Sacks||48 (4)|
When The Buccaneers Have The Ball (2020)
- The Buccaneers averaged 298.5 passing yards per game last year, fourth in the NFL. They’ll face a Falcons pass defense that struggled, allowing 307.4 per game and ranked 32nd.
- Tampa Bay’s offense was the seventh-best in the NFL in yards per play a season ago (6.0), and Atlanta’s defense was 29th (6.2).
- The Buccaneers had the 28th-ranked rushing offense in the NFL last year (94.9 yards per game). They take on the Falcons’ sixth-ranked rushing defense, which gave up 104.9 on the ground per game.
- Tampa Bay had the seventh-ranked offense in the NFL in yards per game a season ago (384.1). They take on an Atlanta defense that ranked 29th last year, allowing 398.5 yards per game.
When The Falcons Have The Ball (2020)
- The Falcons averaged 3.7 yards per carry last year (31st in league) compared to the 3.6 per rushing attempt the Buccaneers gave up (first).
- Atlanta had the 27th-ranked rushing offense in the NFL a year ago (95.8 yards per game). It faces Tampa Bay’s first-ranked rushing defense from last season, which allowed 80.6 on the ground.
- The Falcons’ pass protection resulted in 41 sacks conceded last year, 11th-most in the league. The Buccaneers’ defense compiled 48 (fourth-most).
- Atlanta had one of the league’s best passing offenses last season, a fifth-ranked unit that picked up 288.8 yards per game. It will be facing the No. 23 defense in that category from a year ago, owned by Tampa Bay (269.4).
Buccaneers Betting Trends And Insights
- Tampa Bay compiled a 9-7-0 record against the spread last season.
- The Buccaneers covered the spread once when favored by 12 points or more last season (in two opportunities).
- Tampa Bay’s games went over the point total nine out of 16 times last season.
- Tampa Bay’s 20 games last season went over this contest’s total of 52 points nine times.
- The Buccaneers went 10-3 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 76.9% of those games).
Falcons Betting Trends And Insights
- Atlanta won seven games against the spread last season, while failing to cover nine times.
- In Atlanta’s games last year, the combined scoring went over the point total seven times.
- Atlanta played seven games last season that ended with a point total higher than 52 points.
- Last season, the Falcons were the underdog 11 times and won three, or 27.3%, of those games.
Buccaneers Players To Watch
- Tom Brady recorded 4,633 passing yards (289.6 yards per game) with a 65.7% completion percentage last year (401-of-610), while throwing 40 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.
- Ronald Jones II took 192 carries for 978 rushing yards a season ago (61.1 yards per game) while scoring seven touchdowns.
- Giovani Bernard amassed 416 rushing yards on 124 carries (26.0 yards per game), with three touchdowns on the ground, last year. He also caught 47 passes for 355 yards (22.2 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Last season, Mike Evans reeled in 70 passes (on 109 targets) for 1,006 yards (62.9 yards per game) with 13 touchdowns.
- Chris Godwin contributed with 840 yards on 65 grabs and seven touchdowns. He was targeted 84 times and put up 52.5 receiving yards per game last year.
- Rob Gronkowski caught 45 passes on 77 targets for 623 yards and seven touchdowns, averaging 38.9 yards per game last season.
- Jason Pierre-Paul put together a strong body of work a year ago, collecting 9.5 sacks, 11.5 TFL, 76 tackles, and two interceptions.
- Devin White racked up 183 tackles, 18.0 TFL, and 9.0 sacks over his last campaign.
- Carlton Davis intercepted four passes while adding 84 tackles, 3.5 TFL, and 18 passes defended a season ago.
Falcons Players To Watch
- Matt Ryan threw for 4,581 yards while completing 65% of his passes (407-of-626), with 26 touchdowns and 11 interceptions last year (286.3 yards per game).
- Wayne Gallman took 147 carries for 682 rushing yards a season ago (42.6 yards per game) while scoring six touchdowns.
- Last season Mike Davis rushed for 642 yards on 165 carries (40.1 ypg), with six rushing touchdowns. Davis also helped out in the passing game, catching 59 passes for 373 (23.3 ypg) and two touchdowns.
- Calvin Ridley grabbed 90 passes for 1,374 yards last season and scored nine touchdowns. He was targeted 143 times, and averaged 85.9 yards per game.
- Russell Gage contributed with 72 grabs for 786 yards and four touchdowns last year. He was targeted 110 times and averaged 49.1 receiving yards per game.
- Hayden Hurst collected 571 yards on 56 catches with six touchdowns in 2020, averaging 35.7 yards per game (on 88 targets).
- Deion Jones had an impressive body of work a year ago, notching 4.5 sacks, 11.0 TFL, 139 tackles, and two interceptions.
- Over the course of his 2020 campaign, Foyesade Oluokun racked up 156 tackles, 5.5 TFL, 3.0 sacks, and two interceptions.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from